The Assistant Optical Manager assists patients in the daily sale of optical wear. In the absence of the Optical Manager, the Assistant Manager will provide direction and guidance to the other optical staff in regards to store operations, sales, and compliance. In addition, the Assistant Manager will partner with the manager to coach, train, and develop staff.
- Customer service is the primary responsibility of this position: being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly, pleasant demeanor with patients at all time.
- Listening and responding immediately with appropriate level of concern to all customer needs.
- Provide support to customers in: making eyeglass adjustments, taking measurements, reading prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification of product readiness, and proper handling of all money related transactions.
- Assists in supervising optical staff and ensures all store procedures are being followed in the absence of the Manager.
- This position will have access to patient information therefore a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy and confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is required (i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA).
- Processing and verifying all third party insurance payment information.
- This position will be responsible for store opening and closing procedures at the end of the shift in the absence of the Optical Manager. Must ensure that accurate funds are collected and payments are made at the point of service.
- Ensures that work station/office is maintained and clean at all times.
This position assists with the supervision all employees in the store and assists the Optical Manager with; performance management, hiring decisions, terminations, recommendation for promotions, and coaching.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to move and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State.
- Must keep license up to date and active.
- 2+ years of experience in optical.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications and operations for sales, ordering, timekeeping and administrative tasks.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Interest in and a strong sense of fashion and trends.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and provide positive outcomes.
- Strong supervisory skills, previous leadership experience supervising a team of two or more people a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member required.
- Must be able to stand/walk/sit for increments of 4 hours or more.
Nationwide Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. Nationwide Vision is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program. We perform background checks that include screening against the OIG and SAM databases.
Apply for this Now